LAWN & PATIO FURNITURE
Here in southeast Texas, outdoor furniture is constantly bombarded with harsh weather patterns, corrosive (salt & chlorinated) environments, and relentless humidity.It’s a dreadful cycle of “Sun, Rain, Rust, Repeat”. Although corrosion in all its forms is impossible to stop, Houston Powder Coaters proudly offers several products and procedures to inhibit this destructive process and elongate the life of your lawn and patio furniture.
At Houston Powder Coaters, all furniture pieces will pass through a stringent 11-point process to ensure a top-quality protective finish. Surface preparations include the removal of all previous coatings through burn-off, abrasive-blast, and/or hand-etching techniques. This process not only removes other contaminants like rust and dirt, but it also creates “anchor profiles” for the powder to adhere to. The furniture is then carefully hung and positioned on large racks where it is hosed down with compressed air to ensure a clean and dust-free surface.
Next begins the back-and-forth artistry of maneuvering the pieces from the coating booth to the oven several times over, where they will receive a unique coating system that will hold up to Houston’s heat and humidity. Experienced applicators spray every inch of every piece multiple times to ensure an equal and level build-up of powder. Once in the oven for the last time, the resulting flow and hardening of the powder will create a durable and elegant finish. Depending upon the pre-determined coating and its specifications, the pieces will lastly undergo a series of quality checkpoints to ensure that the application, curing, and resulting finish are of the highest standards.
Premium Coatings for Cast Iron, Wrought Iron, and Aluminum Patio Furniture:
Oven Size – 45’ x 10’ x 10’
- Pass through Batch Oven Plus a 15’ extension = 60 linear feet of enclosed oven space
- Can accommodate panels or gates 12’-6” tall (propped on the diagonal)
- 3-Set Railing System designed for efficient traversing through pass-through operation
Blasting Booth – 45’ x 15’ x 12’
- Indoor Abrasive Blasting Booth
- Steel Grit & Glass Bead Capabilities (for carbon steel, stainless steel, galvanized steel
and aluminum pieces)
- Able to handle individual parts up to 15,000 lbs.
- Over 30 customized box, base, and tree racks with fixed and swivel casters designed for small and large quantity runs.
- Nordson Encore LT Manual Powder Guns with VBF Dolly Systems
QC / QA ROOM
- 8500 square feet indoor building extension with additional lighting, specially created for
proper quality assurance (regardless of the weather or time of day)
OVER 120 COLORS CLASSIFIED AS STOCK AND KEPT IN DAILY INVENTORY
FUSION BONDED EPOXIES (FUNCTIONAL COATINGS)
HIGH TEMPERATURE RESISTANT COATINGS
HIGH PERFORMANCE WEATHER RESISTANT COATINGS
ANTIQUE / VEIN FINISHES
WRINKLE / CRINKLE
OUTGAS FORGIVING PRIMERS & COATINGS
GLOSS / SEMI-GLOSS / MATTE
SHIPPING & RECEIVING : 7am-4pm
OFFICE HOURS : 7am-5pm
14024 E. Hardy Road – Houston, TX 77039
Located on the north side of Houston near the intersection of Beltway 8 and the Hardy Toll Road with easy access for 18-wheelers and delivery trucks