Marine coating applications must stand up to the harsh saltwater environments of southeast Texas and the Gulf of Mexico. The sun, the waves, and the storms combine to ruin any decorative finish, by corroding parts above and below deck. Houston Powder Coaters will help extend the life and look of your boat by refinishing T-tops, leaning posts,railings, swim platforms, extrusions, and more.
To remove the oxidation on weather-beaten aluminum pieces, HPC will abrasive-blast or hand-etch each part, ensuring a clean surface from which to coat. After preheated to allow for outgassing, the pieces will then undergo a thick application of powder to build-up a protective barrier to guard against future salt and spray. Once in the oven, the powder will fusion-bond with the metal to ensure a durable yet elegant finish. With a variety of colors, glosses, textures, and effects to choose from, you can match your current equipment or achieve a fresh look.
ABCITE® BY AXALTA
Marine and offshore structures face some of the most unforgiving environments. High humidity and saline air in combination with intensive UV radiation create a highly corrosive environment. Add in the extreme mechanical stress in the splash zone, and you have a brutal environment. Abcite® from Axalta Coating Systems is “a unique one layer, primer-less coating which fulfills the highest corrosion requirements and can replace up to 6 layers of conventional protective coating.”
Call Houston Powder Coaters to find out more about this proven and reliable coating solution for the most demanding environments.
RAILS, RODS, POLES, POSTS
Oven Size – 45’ x 10’ x 10’
- Pass through Batch Oven Plus a 15’ extension = 60 linear feet of enclosed oven space
- Can accommodate panels or gates 12’-6” tall (propped on the diagonal)
- 3-Set Railing System designed for efficient traversing through pass-through operation
Blasting Booth – 45’ x 15’ x 12’
- Indoor Abrasive Blasting Booth
- Steel Grit & Glass Bead Capabilities (for carbon steel, stainless steel, galvanized steel
and aluminum pieces)
- Able to handle individual parts up to 15,000 lbs.
- Over 30 customized box, base, and tree racks with fixed and swivel casters designed for small and large quantity runs.
- Nordson Encore LT Manual Powder Guns with VBF Dolly Systems
QC / QA ROOM
- 8500 square feet indoor building extension with additional lighting, specially created for
proper quality assurance (regardless of the weather or time of day)
OVER 120 COLORS CLASSIFIED AS STOCK AND KEPT IN DAILY INVENTORY
FUSION BONDED EPOXIES (FUNCTIONAL COATINGS)
HIGH TEMPERATURE RESISTANT COATINGS
HIGH PERFORMANCE WEATHER RESISTANT COATINGS
ANTIQUE / VEIN FINISHES
WRINKLE / CRINKLE
OUTGAS FORGIVING PRIMERS & COATINGS
GLOSS / SEMI-GLOSS / MATTE
SHIPPING & RECEIVING : 7am-4pm
OFFICE HOURS : 7am-5pm
14024 E. Hardy Road – Houston, TX 77039
Located on the north side of Houston near the intersection of Beltway 8 and the Hardy Toll Road with easy access for 18-wheelers and delivery trucks